Thursday 31 March 2016

Not A Lot To Report


Monday 28th March 2016

The DBM table was empty - I was the only available player.  So what was going on?

Churmy & Tim were 'Square Bashing' with 1914 Germans v Russians.  I would really like to get into this set of rules but don't fancy a mainstream 'European' army.  Seems that there is precious little variety available in 10mm!

Three people were playing a Franco-Prussian War scrap and two more a Fubar (Modern) tank battle.

The 'warm-up' game was "8 Minute Empire" - a resource building and space taking boardgame.  As usual I ended up being 2nd.  As the game progressed I started to remember the tactics that I should use -  but only after I had made the wrong decision.  Still a fun game!


Tuesday 29th March 2016

Upon checking my stocks I found myself severely short on the Spanish colonial / Conquistadores front. Examining DBA-RRR list 1.41 also shows that my generals should be on foot - either Bd or Sh. The creation of my 'Early' Spanish Colonial (sub list (a) - 1524-1534) was an attempt to use up the sword & buckler men over-supplied by two manufacturers. In fact only the general can be Bd.  So searching through the lists I came upon 1.4 Neapolitan Spanish which can use 2 elements for sublists (a), (b) & (c).  The dates 1495-1518 are much earlier than their plastic brothers but would fit in well with my other ruleset "Irregular Wars".  The remaining S&B will have to be converted (by arm-swaps I think).  Maybe then they can find their way into the 1.40 English or Dutch Colonial army!

The other DBA-RRR armies I can make up.


Thursday 31st March 2016

On the painting table - the aforementioned DBA-RRR elements (minus the Spanish infantry) plus 20 x Baueda Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment