Friday 9 December 2016

I'm Barking!

I'm Barking....but not as badly as I was!


Saturday 3rd December 2016 - Recon

Links for photos:
http://toomuchlead.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/another-year-another-recon.html
http://willwarweb.blogspot.co.uk/

Not a busy show.  Numbers were down.  Caliver Books were absent this year and no 15mm manufacturers that I saw.  The whole thing is tired and needs a thorough re-vamp.

I did buy something on the Bring & Buy (which was 40k predominantly) and that was one small book


I traveled to and from the venue by train.  I don't use public transport much so my immune system is not often 'primed'.  Last year I had a raging sore throat for 3 weeks.  This year's passenger was to manifest the following day.


Sunday 4th December 2016 - sunshine (briefly)

I managed to photograph some of my new, fantasy figures whilst 'barking' (loud coughing).

Dark Alliance (72027) Cimmerians (set 1)

Average height (Bottom of foot to eye-line) = 22 to 23 mm
Plastic - 'chewey', hard to cut from the sprue or sand down
Number: 44 (all foot) - the box says 40 figures

4 of each type shown in the pics below:




There are some figures here that could be mixed into other 'conventional' armies - Dark Ages or Vikings maybe!

 
,Monday 5th December 2016 - WDW

Commands & Colours Ancients (boardgame) - Bruttium (Spartican battle)
Liberty (boardgame) - AWI
Fubar Medieval - Saracens, Vikings v Normans

DBM - Makkan v New Kingdom Egyptian - a nail-biting game that could have gone either way.  My command was loosing Bd to Wb(F) at an appalling rate.  I was, however, taking chunks out of his massed hordes.  My command was within one element of destruction when.....the enemy flank march turned up.  Four of my Bw had to flee away from the table edge.  This is where the dice gods stepped in - two Bw found themselves within range of an enemy general Cv(I).  A 6:2 followed with the enemy having no chance to avoid demoralisation and the flank force looking confused.  You couldn't write the script......


Tuesday 6th to Thursday 8th December 2016

Pretty much a blur - had to call the doctor in - Gastric Flu.



Friday 9th December 2016

Recovering slowly and taking small parcels of food.  Managed to put together this blog entry.

Let the train take the strain hey!


No comments:

Post a Comment