Thursday 1 September 2016

WW1 East Africa - Part 2


Monday 29th August 2016 - WDW

DBM scrap - Andy's Hussites versus Medieval Irish.  It's always a grind when you are pitting blade against blade.  This game was no exception and eneded up a draw.

On the other tables - Square Bashing and a boardgame.

I started off by playing Pocket Battles.  I hadn't had a game of this for quite some time and had forgotten the rules.  I didn't get the initiative so my fate was sealed in the first round by loosing about one-third of my forces.  Something needs to be done about the tremendous advantage that the first player gets - doubt that I will be having another game soon.


Thursday 1st September 2016 - WW1 East Africa - photos at last!



 British 'regulars' - Hat British Inf in Tropical uniforms (plus a few others)


HaT WW1 Indian Infantry to the left, Revell (I think) to the right.

All converted Mahdists - Jammer (Indian) infantry and Arab allies

British askaris - a mixture of old HaT and new plus some French Foreign Legion conversions.

Left - some HaT figures masquerading as mounted South Africans
Right - Zulus converted to Masai
Front - two HaT British machine guns

Well that's all the figures I need for the September fight.  Will add extra painting detail as time permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment