Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

Seems like I haven't blogged for a while so here's some edited highlights:

Just before xmas I purchased 2 boxes of Imex figures:
                                                  520 - Mexican Artillery at the Alamo
                                                  510 - Mexican Infantry
The artillery figures have plastrons but the infantry are very similar to various Napoleonics.  As I have plenty of old Airfix Naps transformations could take place (and I could have yet another painting project on my hands).

Yesterday's  DBM battle was a dower affair between War of the Roses (with Scots allies) versus Anglo-Irish.  A historical match-up that even after 3 hours looked no closer to reaching a conclusion.  Total casualties in single figures.  Mind you had one of our allied commands not sat still for the entire battle things might have been different.  Oh well!

Now, at the end of 2013, I can review my painting/modelling progress (which has been decidedly sporadic):

15mm  Hellenistics - save for the oddments I completed the refurbishment of my Greeks/Hellenistics tins including elephants, cavalry & infantry.  Additional figures were purchased and added where required.

DBA in the New World - 90 point armies of Maya, Tarascan, Colonial Spanish & Colonial Portuguese all painted and based.

Hopefully in 2014 I will be able to devote more time to wargaming.

Anyway to all my readers/viewers may I wish you A Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment