Tuesday 17 August 2021

Wargaming Ennui

 

Yesterday I played a colonial game that had well painted 25mm figures, a knowledgeable umpire and friendly players.  So why the ennui?  Was it the game or me?

On another table the DBM battlefield looked so confusing - troops everywhere with no clear sense of direction.  In the past I would have taken an active interest.  Now I just look on with indifference.

Getting back into club gaming should fill me with excitement - it doesn't.  So why have I sunk into this malaise?

With all the work I am doing sorting out old armies and painting so much bare metal there should be a positive outcome!  Instead progress is only incremental.

Maybe I need to change direction!  Still looking for some suitable spaceships.  Reading through naval rules (ancient & pre-dreadnought) but not finding anything suitable.

Looking at my part painted 20mm HotT armies may help.  They are colourful and fun to play with.

Guess I will just have to drag myself out of this fug somehow!

-----------------------------------------

Monday 16th August 2021 - WDW

a)  TMWWBK - Sikh Khalsa v Brits - Sikh win (just)
b)  DBM - Early Byzantine v Middle Frankish
c)  Never Mind the Billhooks (WotR) - more 25/28mm figures - looked interesting but the rules seemed too complex to pick up on the fly.
d)  Chain of Command - WW2


No comments:

Post a Comment