Tuesday 24 August 2021

In Search of...but Not Finding

 

 

I went up into the loft in search of my Vargan space fleet.   Rummaging through the 'miscellaneous' pile I found 12 ships/boats of the 'ancients' type. Mostly galleys but a couple that look more like cogs.  No idea where I got them from or when. May be useful for one of my latest projects but there is a slight problem - the plethora of naval scales.  Will have to take them to Gt. Houghton to check compatibility.

The second find was a tin of bits - 40k stuff by the looks of it.  Some I will convert into spaceships but most will be offered at the club for 'kit-bashing'.  All I need to do now is find those damn (fully-painted & based) Vargans!

The third contribution came from an old Sainsburys plastic bag.  In a set of smaller zip-lock bags were 20mm fantasy figures.  More lizardmen, trolls and goblins to pad out my existing (part-painted) armies plus rats, Cimmerians (mounted & foot), dwarves and a few monsters.  Enough there for some serious 'kit-bashing'.  Have a strange feeling that there should be a bag of Amazons kicking about as well.

Now I'm wondering if I should take a break from painting and concentrate on modelling/conversions.  That might just be the way to get my mojo back!

---------------------------------------

Saturday 21st August 2021 - Gt.Houghton - DBA v3.0

1)  3.28  Carolingian v 3.40a                                                  4:1 loss
2)  4.2  Cilician Armenian  v  4.1a  Komnenan Byzantine    4:0 win
3)  3.78  Scots Isles   v 4.58  Medieval Irish                          4:0 loss
4)  3.19b  South Welsh v 4.23  Feudal English                      4:1 loss
5)  2.45c  Spartacus v 2.49  Marian Roman                           4:3 win


No comments:

Post a Comment