Tuesday 10 August 2021

Repairs & Re-paints (Part 1)

 

 

Whilst looking for some Avar infantry I found more figures that needed repairing.  "Just add them to the box and leave until later", I thought.  When I got there the box was already full.  This rather forced my hand so I picked out the easiest jobs first.  

The Indians are Minifigs with a number of broken spears. The hands will need to be carefully drilled and brush bristles inserted.

The Chinese are from the late, lamented, Kennington range.  The infantry have also suffered from spear drop.

There must be a special skill in photographing black figures but it's one that I clearly lack.  

Anyway....this motley crew are all 'arabs' except the Numidian Lh.  

The cavalry are Minifigs again (not an unbroken spear in sight). More drill work.  The rest just need re-painting.

------------------------------------------

DBA - Gt. Houghton - Thursday 5.8.21

3.79 Early Russians v 3.47 Pechenegs [Blind General]
     I took along my almost completed Russians.  (4:0 win)
4.44b Post-Mongol Russian v 3.80 Cumans [Blind General]
     Had to borrow 2 elements.  (4:1 win)
2.32a Later Carthaginian v 2.13 Samnites   (4:2 loss)

We also had a round of 'Carcasson'.  Ian had never played before and my introduction had been 3 days earlier.  Ian won by a good margin.

Finally we tried out 'De Bellis Navilibus'.  We were not impressed.  I won 4:0 (by fluke not skill).  Will try again with a different set of rules (maybe 'Corvus' by Richard Lee).

-----------------------------------------

DBA - Gt.Houghton - Saturday 7.8.21

2.22d Characene v 2.37 Parthian [DDBA]  (8:3 win)
2.55b Nobades v 2.78b Eastern Roman [DDBA]  (9:5 win)
1.6c Early Aramaean v 2.7 Later Achaemenid Persian (5:3 loss)
1.46b Kushite Egyptian v 1.51 Later Sargonid Assyrian.  The river was palty which didn't help.  I also missed a crucial opportunity early in the game.

---------------------------------------------  

Horbury(WDW) - Monday 9.8.21

7YW - British v Austrians - 'King of the Battlefield' rules - Austrian victory.  I had one infantry and one gun left at the end.
20C - 1940s German invasion of Britain - boardgame
DBM - Makkan v Assyrian


No comments:

Post a Comment