Thursday 19 January 2017

Seek and Ye Shall (Not) Find

Saturday 14th January 2017

I should have been helping Andrew out at our regular Horbury library session but I woke up feeling somewhat unwell. 

Whilst not straying too far from the bathroom I did manage to find my Renaissance (plastics) carton.  I also grabbed a file containing some of my based Aztecs.  All the 'native' figures are either 3 (skirmishers) or 5 (warriors) to a 40mm x 40mm mdf base.  There are no dedicated 'imperial' troops. 

Going back to the 'Steven's Balagan' blog I found a recent entry on using DBA big bases for 'Ancients'.  So why not for "DBA in the New World"?



Monday 16th January 2017 - WDW

I was absent again - still suffering.  I am reliably informed that the following games took place:

 ECW (Baroque - Impetus) in 15mm,
 7YW (Osprey rules) in 15mm,
 WW2 in the desert (Andrew's rules) in 6mm


Tuesday 17th January 2017

Tried to find a 'new' wargames shop in Pontefract (in the dark) and failed dismally.  Did some research to find that it is off North Baileygate.


Thursday 19th January 2017

Second attempt to find the shop.  No joy.  More research showed me that I had gone down Northgate then turned into Spink Lane (towards the castle).  I should have gone straight on.  Perhaps I should mount a safari - hmm...native bearers, elephant gun, howdah.......maybe not B & Q!

No comments:

Post a Comment