Sunday 5 April 2020

Some Painting Done

Yes, I have been painting again:


(a)  8 elements of Thracian peltasts - Forged in Battle WE-TH06 Thracian Light Infantry. 
[Sorry the picture is a bit dark].   I will definitely purchase the other peltasts box in due course.

I actually fielded them at the last club meeting but they were unfinished at the time (cries of Shame! Shame!). Now I have enough painted figures for a full early Thracian DBM army.  At the last battle Andy and I managed to break one enemy (Early Carthaginian) command for a winning draw.

(b)  3 elements of Hittite spearmen/pikemen - re-based & inked.  Ian did the primary painting.  Only need 1 x 2h chariot to have all the Hittite DBA options.

(c)  6 elements of 4h Chinese chariots - [picture in a previous post] - re-painting, sourcing crew, re-basing - nearly finished.

 In the queue:

- 10 elements of 4h early Carthaginian chariots - only assembly and minor touch-ups required.

After that:

- a mass of damaged figures/models in the 'repairs' box

- quite a number of part-painted figures including Carolingian cavalry & NW [Red] Indians

- a ridiculous amount of bare metal & plastic

Publications

Trying to read the Brown book on the Qajars but I much prefer a paper book in my hands to a pdf on the screen.

"Portable Colonial Wargame " by Bob Cordery - another pdf (if I like the book I will get the printed version).  Thinking about using this on a PBEM basis.

Misc

Tabletop Simulator - this weekend Steam had a half-price sale.  There is an independent group working on DBA v2.2 (and later 3.0) so, maybe, I can get some real wargaming action!


One of my New Years' Resolution was to stop being a wargaming butterfly - you can tell how well that has turned out!

Anyway...soldiering on.


No comments:

Post a Comment