Sunday 31 March 2019

Books & Halifax

Two books by Donald Featherstone fell onto my mat this week:

 This book covers the campaigns versus the Abyssinians, Ashantis, Basutos, Boers (Transvaal & South African wars), Kaffirs, Matabele, Mashonas & Zulus.

No North West Frontier here as the book concentrates on purely Indian wars - Sind, Gwalior. First & Second Sikh plus the Indian Mutiny.

Looks like plenty of inspiration for colonial outings (probably using 'paper soldiers' in the latter case).

After trying out DB Colonial (a variant of DBN) at Ian's place we thought the rules had promise but needed closer inspection.


Sunday 31st March 2109

After loosing an hour's sleep I dragged myself off to the Halifax model shop and managed to pick up 3 boxes:

 Pretty certain I already have some of these but with an imminent attempt at 'Rebels & Patriots' coming up these may get painted sooner rather than later (and then again....).


Very useful additions to my colonial 'stocks' (3 per box).  I have been using American wagon train  items until now.










1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Im very interested in tribal warfare. Also loved that old post about Cesar Maya Warriors. Waiting to paint my own.

    ReplyDelete