Thursday 25 October 2018

Thracians et al



15 elements of Thracians from a plethora of manufacturers.  Only the centre front element is a regular.  These figures were hurriedly painted for the 15th October as I didn't have enough.  The earliest option has some Ax(O) upgraded to Ax(S) by adding a long spear.  Less that two of my elements fit the bill so I'm still looking for suitable alternatives.  Maccabean Jewish maybe!

My current reading - yer ak-tu-al lit-rature - abridged version though.  Interesting writing style.  Will review in due course.

With the arrival of more plastic figures I am being tempted by this (new) period.  The lack of suitable Turkish troops may, however, hold me back.


Round Up

Saturday 6th October 2018 - Gt.Houghton

4 games of DBA v3.0:

(1)  2.22 Arabo-Aramaen v 2.19a Early Seleucid - the terrain fell in my favour - 1:4 win.

(2)  3.25b Arab Conquest v 3.29 Thematic Byzantine - I tried to hide my Blades on the hills but I needn't have feared the enemy cavalry - my bad - 4:0 loss.

(3)  4.44 Mamluke Egyptian v 4.17 Later Crusdader - poor melee dice (3 ones in a row for 3 kills) - 4:0 loss.

(4)  2.15 Alexandrian Imperial v 2.3a Classical Indian - I managed to restrict the movement of Ian's forces - 1:5 win.

One game of DBN - Prussians v Spanish - lucky dice on my part - 1:5 win.


Monday 8th October 2018 - WDW

Franco-Prussian war - continuation of last week's scrap - "1871" rules
ACW Ironclads - practice game run by John Smith
DBM - Sung Chinese v Mongols.  The Sung Wb were annihilated but the game timed out in a draw.


Monday 15th October 2018 - WDW

"1871" Battle of Beaumont (Franco-Prussian War)
DBM - Thracians v Scythians - on paper this was an even match-up but my poor deployment resulted in a 7:3 defeat.  The C-in-C's command had to take on two enemy forces, plus our flank march took ages to arrive.  Not a good day.


Saturday 20th October 2018 - WDW

Napoleonic (Chris)
ACW Ironclads (John Smith)

I didn't attend this meeting and nobody has reported back to me.  Hopefully further details will arrive with the pidgeon post.


No comments:

Post a Comment