Thursday 4 October 2018

..And Then Two Came Along At Once (part 1)

I know ...doesn't post anything for ages then...


Painted at last - as 'generic' Carolingian medium cavalry.  These early Sarmatians have languished in my spares tin for decades.  On their first outing (as Croats would you believe) they did OK. 

The Dark Ages has never had much appeal for me - row upon row of Irr Sp(O) and, even worse, Irr Sp(I).  The thought of having to paint so much crud leaves me cold. 

Still......after having to re-base my Celts from Wb(F) to Wb(O) recently I looked again at the Book 3 army lists.   There is a need for Irr Wb(O).  I wonder if some judicious painting might provide sufficient disguises!


Round Up - for Saturday 15th September see part 2


Monday 24th September 2018 - WDW

"Sink One & Sea" - ACW Ironclads
Villers-Bretoneux 1870 (FPW) - "1871" rules
Bolt Action - WW2 Germans v Americans
DBM - Samurai v Tuaregs - mutual destruction with  both armies breaking in the same bound.


Monday 1st October 2108 - WDW

DBMM - Marian Roman v Han Chinese
Villepion 1870 (Franco-Prussian War) - "1871" rules
DBM - Carolingian v Avar.  After both sides failed to get a waterway the terrain favoured us (steep hills on the flanks).  As C-in-C I threw the opening dice - two of our commands got a one - sigh!

"Jim the Barbarian", true to form, charged forward on the Avar's left flank but came a cropper against some Ps(S).  Only 4 elements lost though.

It was the Avar centre that collapsed with some unlucky dice (and uncharacteristically good ones for me).  Half the Avar army gone by 20.30 hrs and only one element on our side (my command of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment