Thursday 4 January 2018

A New Year

Tuesday 2nd January 2018

A new edition of "Wargamers Notes" is out:


 
CONTENTS:
Basing Points to Ponder
Eureka Stockade - Part 2
Configurable Ship Models - ‘multi ship’
Simplicity and Brevity in Wargame Design – 
A Statistical Third
Quick Tips - Memories and History on eBay
Suggestions on How to Add Value to Your  Hobby Experience
Hannut May 1940 - a Rapid Fire Game
Winter War Basing

I really like this on-line magazine with it's eclectic mix of articles. Contact:  wargamersnotebook@gmail.com


WEEKLY ROUND-UP

In future I will be putting all non date-specific items here.


(a)  3 more DBA v3.0 videos from Tony Aguilar & Co:

Middle Imperial Roman East vs. Palmyran DBA 3.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OvM4Gja7xc&feature=youtu.be

Early Imperial Roman vs. Nabatean DBA 3.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbzX51jUD9U&feature=youtu.be

Tibetans vs. Umayyad DBA 3.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1G2SPrukvE&feature=youtu.be



(b)  "Napoleon's Overseas Army" by Rene Chartrand & Francis Back
     [Osprey 211 reprint]

I purchased this, thin, book as a supplement to my Napoleon in Egypt project (the other Osprey book has yet to arrive).  It looks promising as an introduction to other theatres of war for my languishing plastics.


(c)  Much (on-line) discussion on changes to DBMM army lists with their second additions.  Books 1 & 4 seem most affected.  Obviously WRG will not provide errata / update sheets as they want to force people to buy 4 more expensive books.  If I ever get around to purchasing them myself I will post updates to the WDW site.


(d)  Read the last two articles in Slingshot 315 - both re-fights of Arsuf.  "DBA & HotT" was ok whilst "Sword & Spear" was more interesting (in spite of me knowing nothing about these rules).  Overall I would give this issue 6/10.






No comments:

Post a Comment