Thursday 17 August 2017

Leftovers

Monday 14th August 2017 - WDW

A quiet night at the club:

(a)  DBMM - Later Muslim Indian v Seljuk Turks
(b)  Black Powder - AWI - Brits v Americans

(Note: this is the picture that I couldn't add last week - dwarves v lizardmen)

(c)  HotT - Skeletons v Rats

I scratched together an army based on the club's rats (plus a few samurai) - 4 x hordes, 3 x beasts, 1 x hero general, 1 x magician, 1 x blades plus 1 x behemoth. 

Jim had a skeleton army of 1 x behemoth, 2 x lurkers, 1 x seekers, 3 x shooters, 5 x horde and 1 x magician. 

For once the dice favoured me and starved Jim of movement points.  A 12 - 2 victory for the rats after nearly 90 minutes of play.  What a a marathon!


Wednesday 16th August 2017

Finished the Terry Pratchett book - "A Hatful of Sky".  I love the logic of his arguements - "It's not what a witch is, it's what she appears to be."  Thinking back to the "Hustle" series - they could walk into anywhere if they had enough hutzpah.


Thursday 17th August 2017

Read all that I wanted to from "Slingshot" 313.  In the 42 pages of text were only 3 articles that interested me:

"Wagaming with Vandals" - shows that the one DBM(M) list is inadequate
"The Battle of the 5 Lamas" - outside the Ancient period but worth a read
"Mythological Wargaming" - a twist on classical warfare

Still unimpressed by Slingshot and unlikely to re-subscribe.


Footnote:  preparing for a game of "Quetcoatl Rampant" against Chris on Saturday.  Previously I have only played solo (and put the result on this blog).  I now have the chance to find out what I did wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment