Thursday 3 August 2017

Another Week in Paradise!

Building work still going on.  Periods of intense activity followed by long waiting times - remind you of anything?  Weather very changeable with lower than average temperatures.


Monday 31st July 2017 - WDW

"Sink One & Sea" - WW1 Naval
"Rebellion" (Black Powder) - Cowpens (AWI) in 15mm
"Baroque" - Grolle 1627 - Dutch v Spanish in 6mm
"Oregan" boardgame

DBM - Early Samurai v Yuan Chinese - a three-hander as Andy was away. 

In the centre I  was facing off against loads of Bw(S) & Bd(F) with only Bw(X), Bw(I) & Bd(I).  I could hear Frasier (Dad's Army).

My cavalry superiority on the left flank counted for nothing as my crummy infantry collapsed.  Another loss in a long series of failures - maybe I need a break!


Wednesday  2nd August 2017

I have workmen in yet again - the plasterer this time.  So I high-tailed it to the lauderette (my life is toooooo exciting).  Whilst wandering around Mapplewell library a tome caught my attention:

This is the first in the Tiffany Aching series (the only one that I have not read) so it has forced itself into my reading pile.  I'm close to finishing the Dr Who book so, maybe, it won't sit idle for too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment