Thursday 15 October 2015

An Ignominious Defeat

Monday 12th - DBM - Lydian versus Early Aechemenid Persian

The terrain fell not  entirely to my benefit but I could live with it.  The Persians threw reasonable dice and pressed forward.  My starting dice were 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 (luckily the 2 was for my allied command).  The (movement) dice gods were not in our favour as I threw 1 - 1 - 3 - 4 on my next go.  

Fighting dice were pretty even so no complaints there but on the last round of the night I had one broken command and looking at a 6:4 defeat.  I only had to hold onto one last Lh not to loose half my army - guess what happened! 

Well my deployment wasn't the best and my heart wasn't in the game from the start but did I deserve such a drubbing?

One minor niggle was Andy's exocet guided missiles.  There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Expendables under DBM.  I have always thought of them as a 'point and go' weapon not a formation dance troop.  Being able to manouvre them into the best possible position just feels at odds with reality!  Maybe I should look at the DBMM rules to see if there have been any improvements.


No comments:

Post a Comment