Friday 30 August 2013

Native Question - Part 3

My 'New World' project was in danger of stalling owing to a lack of suitable 20mm / 1:72 figures.  The thought of converting scores (maybe hundreds) of plastics was more than a little daunting.  Any light at the end of the tunnel was, probably, a train coming in the other direction.

Looking at my stocks of painted figures I realised that each 'native' army has a core of dedicated and distinctive figures plus an assortment of extras.  Most have a number of suit-wearers, commoners/militia and allies.

So my new approach involves painting up 'cores' for Maya and Inca armies.  In addition various conversions can be periodically added to my extras box.  It seems like a plan!

New Recruits:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=904
The first 3 figures are bowmen - all the rest are spearmen or swordsmen.

My first attempt at blades - might add shields to some.  
I know cloaks/mantles were normally discarded in battle so a little 'artistic license' has been taken.

Nobles created from various sources including Caesar & Revell Aztecs. 
(The base at left front needs altering/revising).

On another note - just received a box of Caesar Maya and one of Incas.  While they go through chemical processing I will take a look at the various army lists to see what I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment