Monday 26 August 2024

Scots Wha Hae

 



 These are Gripping Beast 25mm SCOTS07 - 

My camera is playing up again now that Fuji have decided to cease supporting FinePix.  I can see my pictures on the viewer but they stubbornly refuse to import.  Will have to buy an external card reader.

 I wouldn't normally consider building 3.78 Scots Isles & Highlanders as I already have Vikings.  Another DBA army with an excess of 4Bd was, therefore, not on the cards.  So how come I have 18 elements waiting to be flocked and photographed?  

It's a question of accumulation.  Ian gave me a load of suitable axemen, Ben supplied some 'Viking' types and my own spares box ran to a few more elements.  What I didn't have I purchased from QRF - Bw & Pk (it took 23 days but at least they are still functioning).

Now I'm thinking about a double DBA army.  For that I need an additional 3 x 4Bd; 2 x 3Bw & 1 x 3Ax (Irish).  The WotR box can supply the last element.  What I am short of is 40mm x 15mm mdf bases (incidentally I highly recommend sandpapering the mdf to improve adhesion).

It is not necessary to differentiate between the 2 commands in DDBA but I'm going to do it anyway.  The painted soldiers are on wider (20mm) bases whereas the new ones will be shallower.  Doubt that it will make any practical difference but time, and experimentation, will tell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No wargames for me recently as I have been quite unwell - balance failures.  Discovered that part of the problem was using Cymex (for a cold sore).  Seems that when you are over 65 the medicine is not recommended (contra-indications include dizzyness).  Who would have thought?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the painting tray:  (a)  Napoleonic Russian horse and artillery
                                   (b)  Anglo-Saxons
                                   (c)  Oddments - 4 x Italian Xb, 8 x generic medieval Sp,  6 x Celtiberian Bd(F) &                                                             10 x Elvish HotT elements.                    

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment