Thursday 5 May 2022

Zapotecs

 Another Meso-American army comes off the painting table.  Hadn't realised that the bases were un-flocked.  Ho Hum!

16 elements in total - pic 1 shows:  6 x 3Ax; 2 x Ps slings

 

This time:  4 x 3Bw; 1 x Ps slings; 2 x 4Ax suit-wearers; 1 x 4Ax general


Being mainly auxilia make this a lightweight army.  The fast bow and psiloi stops it from being one dimensional - but it has no punch.

-----------------------------------

Although I have enough figures for a Toltec army I am not motivated to build it.  If I want to field an army of  11 x 4Bd plus 1 Ps I will dig out my Vikings.

There is still a litter on my paint table but once that is finished I will be moving on to Eastern Europe.

-------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 30th April - Gt.Houghton

'Straight' DBA:
3.1b  Western Slav          v   3.53  East Frankish       4:0 win
3.40b  Viking 850-1280  v  2.81d  Strathclyde          6:0 loss

'Double' DBA:
3.28  Carolingian             v  3.40a  Viking 790-849   8:3 loss



1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled on your fine blog. These are lovely figures/armies for your meso-Americans.
    I'll follow progress of your Napoleon in Egypt project with great interest. Currently painting some of those Strelets figures myself (along with many, many others...!).
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete