Tuesday 28 September 2021

Painting Miscellany

 I have actually made some progress on the painting front.

A plethora of French Xbow (Dark Ages period) - 2 x 8Bw & 2 x 4Bw - Minifigs that have sat around for years.  The Scythed Chariot has one 'billy-no-mates'.

I received 9 x Tibetan 3Kn cataphracts.  The DBx lists requires 4Kn per element so I had to re-base them.  Minor touch-ups required (nearly all the spears had lost paint).   The final element I slightly re-painted in order to convert them into Khambra nobles (Cv) with bamboo armour. I liked Glenn's original painting so tried to alter it as little as possible.

Working on the other cavalry and the infantry at the moment.  Surprised at just how many figures I could find.  No intention of raising a DBM army though as it is horribly unbalanced.

Chris handed me 14 figures yesterday - the Essex figures were easy to identify:

    8 x  HSA15 - Russ Axemen

    2 x EMED31 - Russian bowmen 

The last 4 are, however, a bit of a mystery (pictured above).  They have solid bases so not Essex.  The pointy hats are similar to other Russian bowmen but the long frock coat is not.  Any ideas anybody?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September DBx Roundup:

DBA-RRR - 3 games

English Colonial v Portuguese Colonial          4:1 loss

Ottoman Turks v Early Spanish Colonial         4:3 loss

Zaparozhian Cossacks v Safavid Persians        4:2 win

DBA v3.0 -11 games

3.22 Maya v 4.63 Aztecs                              4:2 win

4.81 Incas v 4.12c Polynesian                      4:2 loss

4.11 NW Indian v 4.63 Aztecs                      4:2 win

1.10 Melukkakan v 1.23a Vedic Indian        4:0 loss

1.7a Early Libyan v 1.2a Early Egyptian      4:2 win

1.6b Midianite Arab v 1.51 Later Sargonid Assyrian  4:0 win  (in spite of not getting the terrain)

1.31a Neo-Hittitie v 1.34a Later Hebrew        5:4 loss

1.1b Early Sumerian v 1.11a Akkadian           4:2 loss

1.17b Later Hyksos v 1.7a Early Libyan        4:0 win

2.69a Sassanid Persian v 2.78a Eastern Roman    4:3 win

3.19c North Welsh v 3.78 Scots Isles & Highlands     5:0 win

 DBM - 1 game

Medes v Trojans        Draw    (I struggled to throw above 2 or 3 for movement on my flank) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 







3 comments:

  1. Hi Twmas, Glen Jones here, I sent you a email about ten days a go, and because you haven't responded to it I am guessing that you have not received it. Sometimes emails from new correspondents can get sent to the spam box, can you have a look in your spam tray and see if my email has landed in there. Cheers mate, Glen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Twmas, I have sent you two more emails over the last week and you don't appear to have received them. It would therefore appear that I am going to have to communicate with you via your blog, not too big a deal as long as you check your blog fairly regularly. You can obviously still message me at my email address. If you can let me know when you intend to visit the day before you come I can ensure that I am in for you. Hope to see you soon, all the best Glen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Twmas, I got your email but I am replying here as I am under the impression that my emails are still not getting through, I sent you two last week which you haven't acknowledged so I guess you have not got them. Unfortunately I go round to Tim's on Friday for our weekly game but I can do any other day you fancy. I haven't played DBR-RRR but will happily give it a go. I have both Milanese and Valois French armies for the Italian wars in 15mm, but I am not sure if my force composition will tally with what the rules say. Anyway if you want to come round and have a game or two on any day but Friday just let me know and I can be in for you. Look forward to seeing you soon, all the best Glen.

    ReplyDelete