Tuesday 22 June 2021

Time to get back on the horse....

 

You know how it is! As a wargaming butterfly I have so many projects on the go all at the same time.  Seems like I need to take stock of the many half-finished jobs (or at least some of them).

Turkomans - I still need to identify many of the 'strays' - take pics - post on Fanaticus and DBA Facebook group.

Americans - sort out the last of them - decide which armies are going to be ignored - Toltec for a start (11 x 4Bd & 1 x Ps).  Paint up the 'additions'.  Dispose of the remainder.

Indians (Asian sub-continent) - haven't really looked at these yet.  Another victim of DBMM army list changes.  Maybe park it for a while (or indefinitely)!

Russians - still on my paint table.  Get on with painting them - check on the shortages - purchase extras where necessary.

HotT - opponent for my 15mm Garden Gnomes.  Put some more paint on the 20mm figures.

Of course I should rationalise all my stocks.  Sell off anything I haven't used for a while.  Throw out all those 'parked' projects (e.g. WW1 East Africa).  Then again I am a wargaming butterfly.
 
Just seen a 3D printed ziggurat on Tony Aguilar's channel...Oh! Pretty!  Pretty!

-------------------------------------------------

DBA v3.0 - Gt.Houghton - Sat 19th June 2021

1)  2.20a Ptolemaic v 1.56a Early Kyrenaean Greek        4:2 loss
2)  2.60  Caledonian v 2.53  Ancient British                    4:1 win
3)  2.48  Mithridatic v 2.37  Parthian                                6:3 loss           

I was 3:2 up at one stage
 

4)  2.64a  Western Roman v 2.65b Tervingi                     4: 0 loss          

My troops were useless - movement was erratic - very poor shooting and fighting dice.  Clearly they hadn't wanted to turn up at all.

A reversal of last week's results

----------------------------------------------------

DBM - Wrenthorpe - Mon 21st June 2021 - COLD

2.32  Later Carthaginians v 2.20 Ptolemaic        Draw        

Loss of all expendables (elephants) but we were starting to turn Al's flank.

We 'pulled stumps' when Chris left.  Not getting a conclusive result is probably my biggest gripe with DBM.


No comments:

Post a Comment