Tuesday 1 June 2021

More Americans

 

 

Looking through the blue box I discovered a hotch-potch of figures - old Minifigs, Gladiator and...I don't know what else.  So what to extract from this mess?  Turns out that the Tlaxcalans wore similar outfits to the Aztecs with the exception that there were fewer 'suit-wearers'.  The 'common man' also had a plain shield.  Sounded good to me!  Unfortunately, DBA list 4.19c is for a Spanish & Tlaxcalan army.  Nil Desperandum - dig out those Conquistadores that I bought at Phalanx years ago.  The bases need flocking but otherwise that's another DBA force marked off the spreadsheet.

There were some Naismith Incas in the box but not enough.  I ordered the missing troops from Lurkio.  With the new recruits I could put together list 4. 81 Inca Imperial.  Easy enough to paint if you simplify the designs on the uncu and shields.  Two down and many more to go.   


En passant I finished an element of armoured snails for my HotT Garden Gnome army.  Normally I field these as knights but I suppose behemoths would be just as appropriate!  Now if only I could find an opponent for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what's left?  The yellow box contains my WRG 6th Ed Aztec army - all figures are Tin Soldier.  These do not mix well with others (the eagle-eyed could spot a psiloi element amongst the Tlaxcalans).  They have suffered from years of handling and so needed more work than I, at first, thought. Brushes were engaged but work stalled when I realised just how many shield patterns and suit-wearers there were to do.


The non-TS 'rump' has some very simple, but small' (probably Naismith) warriors with spears or blades plus an assortment of 'chiefs' (many manufacturers). Cannot see what I am going to make of them!  What to do with the bulk of the TS Aztecs as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment