Monday 27 January 2020

Maya, Tupi & DBA v3

Spurred on by Ian's remark that I should be sorting out my 15mm Meso-Americans.  I actually bestirred myself into action.

 Maya numerical system

On Saturday I took along the secondary box to sort out some Maya and Tupi figures.  We managed to sort out 4 x DBA v3.0 armies.  About 2/3 of my Mayans are painted and all of my Tupi.  Few of the figures I gave Ian had any paint on them.  Both of us will have to get the brushes out.

The next stage is to identify what I have among the Incas and 'Aztecs' - at first glance not even a single DBA army.

Given a shortage of time we did, however, manage a few games:

DBN (v1) - Prussians v Austrians - 5:2 win.  Ian has downloaded a copy of DBN v2 but not yet printed it out.  Once that is done we can check out the differences.

DBA (v3) - 2.22f  Arabo-Aramean v 2.37  Parthian - 5:0 win.  The terrain fell to my liking and I retained the plowed fields.  This meant that my archers could safely pepper away at the mounted opposition.

DBA (v3) - 2.2  Lombard v 2.17  Maurikian Byzantine - 5:2 win.  My left flank was under attack whilst I was unable to throw better than 2 for movement.  The signs did not look good until a fortuitous 5 got me out of trouble.  The odd 6:1 may have helped as well.  A closer game than the result would suggest.

On the previous Saturday we had played 3 x pick-up games of DBA v3:

Early Bulgars v Thematic Byzantine - 4:1 loss

Gauls v Umbrians - 4:2 win

Latins v Etruscans - 4:1 loss

As you can see it's a game of skill!






1 comment: