Saturday 21 December 2019

Hell, Hull & Halifax

Risked a journey to the Calder valley - fine going there but not so good coming back.  Of course I made a diversion to the Model Shop in Halifax.


Checked online for some info on these legendary creatures - various theories:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur

Seems that they were notorious, bad-tempered, drunkards.  Spent a lot of time fighting humans especially the Lapiths.

One exception, Chiron tutored heroes like Achilles. Firenze helped Harry Potter.  According to Nonnus Cyprian centaurs had horns.  Similar legends abound in India & Russia.



Some more for my stock.  Only 2 chariots is a bit mean - good job I had all those old Atlantic models..

A few odd items...

JHG3 - Static Grass No.3 Autumn Mix 2mm  (for my 'arab' bases)
K&S Brass Rod 51mm (for spears)
Model Color 70.985 Hull Red (just liked the shade of reddish-brown).

I think that there is a club meeting on Monday (before the xmas festivities) so will try to attend.  Having missed so many over recent weeks my game stats look like they have been attacked by moths.  Need to patch up what I can before putting the results on the website. 

Regular readers will know that I do not celebrate the annual commercial greedfest but I will wish you all a...

Happy New Year for 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment