Thursday 9 August 2018

Yet More Vikings

I seem to have been on a painting spree lately.

2 x Saxon Mounted Command - Cv(O)
5 x Viking Huscarls - Bd(O)
4 x Viking Raiders - Bd(F)

11 x Viking Raiders - Bd(F)
1 x Welsh spearmen - Ax(O) or Ax(X)

The huscarls will be contributed towards a combined Welsh army using Ben's list.  The Bd(F) may well turn up as Breton allies.  Some of my recently painted Roman cavalry could do service in either army.

On my paint table are 21 cavalry that are nearing completion.  Production has been halted as I managed to break a lance and the Super Glue has dried up (isn't that always the way?). 


Round Up

Saturday 4th August 2018 - Gt. Houghton

2 games of DBN where I was commanding the Austrians v the dastardly Prussians.  I lost the first game 5:3.  Revenge came in the re-match 1:6.

We decided that a house rule was necessary - Jager & LI only get +4 when defending a BUA in melee.  You could argue for a +1 in shooting (rested muskets/partial cover) maybe!

2 games of DBA v3.0

Western Visigoths v Middle Imperial Roman - a 1:4 loss.  Just bad fighting dice.
Early Byzantines v Italian Ostrogoths - my light horse v Ian's Kn(F).  I took the wrong table edge so couldn't use my greater manoeuvrability.  A 1:5 loss.


Monday 6th August 2018 - WDW

Couldn't get there - hopefully I can post later.


Tuesday 7th August 2018 - Completely Off-Topic




Early evening the field behind my house was on fire.  The cereal crop had just been harvested the day before.  The fire brigade was called but could not gain access because of anti-nuisance gates.  They eventually came in from the far side of the hill crest.

You can see how the fire crept up the hill.  Had it not been stopped the un-harvested crop on the far side would have been lost.  Not a big event in world terms but quite spectacular on a local scale.






No comments:

Post a Comment