Wednesday 1 August 2018

More Painting Progress






9 elements of 'Roman' cavalry.  The eagle-eyed will spot some Spanish (Mike's Models) and some mounted hoplites.  The rest are indeed Romans but painted mostly as more generic dark ages figures.

The 2h Lch that I purchased at Newark.  Not certain which dynasty it is supposed to be from!  The bases are too long to fit the model on straight - hence the skewed frontage.

I found 20 of these languishing at the bottom of my 'Dark Ages' box.  The riders are a special made by Mike's Models somewhere in the seventies.  An advert in Slingshot asked for people to buy some as the commissioner had to purchase a minimum amount.  They are Early Sarmatians (the horses may be MM or Minifigs).

After sleeping peacefully in their box for decades I have decided to convert them into something useful.  The Carolingian Medium Cavalryman illustrated in the Ian Heath Dark Ages book is pretty close but I will have to add a shield and disguise the quivers.

By adding a suitable figure from the spares box I will have 7 elements of generic DA cavalry for my Welsh and Breton armies. For once I am glad that I am a hoarder.

Round Up

Monday 31st July 2018 - WDW

Square Bashing - Russians v Germans
Wings of War - WW1
Hitler's War (boardgame)
DBM - Scots Common v Medieval Irish - a slow game with no conclusion


Tuesday 1st August 2018

Posted some pictures to the club's Facebook page.

Received Viking huscarls from Essex.  Unfortunately 10 of them were spearmen not axemen. In the fullness of time I will, therefore, have to purchase 6 more axemen.  Have started painting them already.


No comments:

Post a Comment