Friday 12 August 2022

Scraps From the Table

 

A few more elements finished - 4 x 3Kn 'French';  1 x 3Kn 'German' & 1 x 3Kn unknown 'barrel heads' (all Old Minifigs I think).

Looking to employ them in the future I needed to do some research.

DBA Lists 4.4a & 4b combined (the ones that I cannot 'fudge'):

2 x 4Sp (communal militia);
2 x 4Sp (feudal spearmen);
2 x 4Bd (mixed weapon foot);

1 x 5Hd (ribauds);
1 x 4Ax (dardiers);

1 x Art (stone-thrower or springald);

21 foot plus 1 Art

As my Wars of the Roses DBM army lacks Sp buying 2 packs for this army seems a good fit.  The Art could be employed by a Hun army (if I am careful in my selection).

So that leaves 2 x 4Bd, 1 x 5Hd and 1 x 4Ax to justify - watch this space!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the paint table - 2 x 3Cv Abbysinian (Eureka - at last) - for Meroitic Kushites)
                                  3 x 3Pk stinkards (ditto) - for Polynesians
                                  8 x 4Sp Polish/Russian peasants (Old Minifigs)
                                  5 x 3Kn Spanish with adaja shield  (Minifigs I guess)

Re-organisations - Warband - loads of German foot to be converted to 'solid' Wb plus a much smaller   selection of Gallic types ('fast' Wb).
                 - Indians - this box has risen to the surface at last.  What a mess of painted, part-painted and bare metal.      

To stock - 4 x Russian 1813-15 Hussars (Essex) - now only need 2 more to complete my DBN Russians

On order - Kushites from Lancashire Miniatures.  This was my fifth attempt to place an order.  Paypal threw me out after I supposedly paid for my goods.  Had to contact LM by email to place a successful order.  Incidentally this has also happened to some of my Essex orders in the past.  May have been caused by my anti-virus software trying to prevent a phishing expedition.  Be warned viewers/readers!  Will have to check my next monthly bank statement very carefully.

So where am I going with yet more Kushites?  Well there were other post NKE armies in the highlands.  These are the shortfalls:
 
     1.38  Libyan Egyptian 745-728 bc - more an NKE morph so I will ignore it (for the time being).
     1.46a Early Kushite 745-728 bc - 1 x 2h,2c LCh gen; 1 x 2h,2c LCh - on order from Lancashire
     1.46b Kushite Egyptian 727-664 bc - 1 x 4h,3c HCh gen; 1 x 4h,3c HCh; 2 x 4Sp (*Meshwesh     Libyan settler militia); 1 x 4Ax (Egyptian spearmen);
           1 x 4Bw (Egyptian archers) - the cost of buying new is prohibitive so I will be looking at Ebay and show traders.
           *Meshwesh at this time referred to a military caste rather than ex-Sea Peoples so I may be able to find something suitable.
     1.46c Later Kushite (663-593 bc) - Only the 2 x HCh to find
     1.53  Saitic Egyptian - 1 x HCh gen; 2 x 4Bw (guard & levy archers); 1 x 4Ax (levy) - 8Bw & 8Ax on order

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 6th August 2022 - Gt.Houghton - six games of DBA v3.0

1.58   Meroitic Kushite         v   2.64b  Eastern Roman           4:0 win
1.4b   Guti 'Great Revolt       v   1.11b  3rd Dynasty of Ur       6:1 loss
4.44a  Post-Mongol Russian      v   4.30   Teutonic Order          4:2 win
4.77   Black Sheep Turkoman     v   2.58   Alan                    5:2 loss
3.14c  Bulgar                   v   3.65   Nikephorian Byzantine   4:0 loss
1.15   Later Amorite            v   1.2a   Early Egyptian          4:0 win



No comments:

Post a Comment