Wednesday 30 March 2022

Whatever Happened To......

 Are you humming the signature tune?

 Back in the days of yore I broke up my 6th Edition Aztecs.  The idea was to form as many DBA (Meso-American) armies as possible from the stock. The Aztecs have just been painted up.

 

The eagle-eyed will spot that there are only 11 elements in this group. I didn't like the Tlaxcalan shieldbearers so swapped them for more suitable figures.  They have now been moved to the head of the painting queue.

Checking the DBA army lists made me realise that I needed 2 x 3 Ax and 1 x 4 Bd (g) so that I have all the options. An order was sent off for Gladiator figures [I also spotted some Thracians with long spears].

After finding out that the 2 x Pk(F) just don't work for me in this Inca army I produced some alternative hordes.  Of course these are so generic that they could appear in many of armies (including the Aztecs).

 Still on the painting boards are - Tarascans, Mixtec/Zapotec and Toltecs.  There's also the small matter of the Pueblo Cultures but that's a matter for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment