Sunday 6 February 2022

Napoleon in Egypt - Progress Report

 

Looking out my kitchen window I can see the weather changing from rain to sunshine to sleet to high winds.  You would think that it's too cold to be even a wargaming butterfly but, apparently, not.  

On a whim I purchased a load of figures that I thought suitable for my 'Napoleon in Egypt' project.  Once I got the package I realised just how much  I would have to prep.  The majority are Strelets with their awful sprues - my hand is still aching from the effort.

As in any 'job lot' I have had to sort  them into various categories.  Some sprues are still unidentified but this list constitutes the bulk of them.

(a)  Immediately Useful:

133 x Strelets M068 - French Line in Egypt (bicornes)
 48 x Strelets M069 -  French Light Infantry in Egypt
 82 x Strelets M070 -  British Line Infantry in Egypt
 40 x Strelets M071 -  British Light Infantry in Egypt (tarleton)
 14 x Strelets 078 -   French Artillery - no guns
 13 x Strelets 079 -   British Artillery - 4 guns
 12 x Strelets 118 -   French Hussars in Egypt
----
342

(b)  Of Some Use:

18 x HaT 8098 - British Marines & Sailors (8:10) - unfortunately no guns.  The sailors will probably end up as Renaissance pirates.

(c)  No Use - dispose of or swap:

11 x Russian Streltsi 'bonus figures'
90 x HaT 8036 - British Light Infantry (shakos)
42 x Strelets 146 - Highlanders in Attack
---
143

Once I have identified the 'stragglers' I will have to venture up into the loft to find my stock figures.  Not looking forward to that chilly venture.



No comments:

Post a Comment