Saturday 22 February 2020

An Unboxing

 Received today (Sat 22nd) box from Vexillia:


5 x packs of figures plus a free extra die (you can never have too many of them).

As you may know the proprietor is retiring and offering generous discounts. Looking at all the figures I was, initially,  tempted by the Medieval Russians:

C032 - Russian infantry, command group - 4 variants (I got 2 x trumpeters - no std bearer)

CC33 - Alexandr Vevsij, command group - Russians of A.Nevskij 1240-1350

I don't believe that the guy ruled for 110 years (no matter how legendary). 

To make up the numbers (and offset the postage cost of £4.20) I also purchased some Early Romans.  Upon checking the stock list I saw that there were 3 packs left so I took them all.

 RM002 - Medium Spearmen (class II) - Roman 650-338 bc

Not long ago in receipt of a Forged in Battle pack of Etruscans (with pila).  Hopefully when I next put my Latins into action they may have some more suitable Bd figures (and not just Marian Roman substitutes).

Not a bad haul for £14.99 - one DBA army re-enforced (Russians) plus more for the DBM Latins.

Now I'm still on the look out for Gauls...Hmm!



No comments:

Post a Comment