Friday 13 September 2019

I'm Back !!!

To quote Freddie that is.  As well as taking a month-long break from Country Dancing I also did little on the wargaming front.  So this post is just a round-up of what I have done.

Another Target book courtesy of Al's cast offs.  Although this features UNIT it is not really suitable for a skirmish game.  The enemy outguns and out-classes the PBI and the Brig.  A good yarn but the famous lines are missing..."Chap with the wings, five rounds rapid".

Whilst scanning other blogs recently I came across this little gem:

"Day of the Daleks"

https://lordofwesternkeep.blogspot.com/2019/08/doctor-who-day-of-daleks-cangames-2016.html?fbclid=IwAR3MBEFTUcQ2hpLOp1S2St2voyoWjkNL9cMRKDTGf-Al4RLEm1tbA6wtreA#more

DBM...ing on a Monday has proven to be a bit of a failure.  I tried two versions of 3.71 Georgian (one with Cumans and one without).  Both ended up in defeat.

Painting.....well I was planning to chip away at the lead and plastic mountain over the break. Looking around I found a mass of partly painted figures so decided to try to finish them off.  Progress was made with the first project - Sea Peoples / Philistines.  The second - Dark Ages - was going well until I stretched too far and dropped a tray full of metal soldiers.  Retrieving the wet soldiers meant moving a load of boxes.  This somewhat disheartened me and production stopped.

The action of having to re-apply for my driving license has concentrated my mind somewhat so  I am looking at all my unfinished projects.  Many will have to face madame guillotine.  So many dreams that have come to naught! Oh well!











No comments:

Post a Comment