Saturday 18 May 2019

Another Round Up



 This week I finished yet another Dr Who book.  This one features the third doctor (Pertwee) and UNIT.  Plenty of skirmish opportunities with futuristic guerillas, Ogrons and Daleks.  The book has a map of the house and grounds where the main fighting takes place.  Well worth seeking out this volume if you want to set up a scenario or two.


Friday 17th May 2019 - Halifax

A visit to the model shop resulted in two purchases:


Hat 8092 - Assyrian Infantry - heavy infantry to bulk out my plastic army.




Imex 509 - Alamo Defenders - the Texican opposition to the Mexican forces.  With a few borrowings from ACW / AWI boxes I can probably make up opposing forces for 'Rebels & Patriots'.


Monday 13th May 2019 - WDW

Games played were:

'Square Bashing' - Germans v French in 1914
'Force on Force' - Modern infantry battle
'DBM' - Sea Peoples v Mycenaen - a long scrap with the Sea Peoples' centre finally breaking.
'Oregan' - two rounds of this boardgame.  In the first game I came second.  In the second game I came last (Oh Well)!


Saturday 11th May 2019 - Horbury Library

'Ronin' - a 7 Samurai type scenario with super powered Ronin and star wars (storm trooper ) bandits.  I left at midday with half my force eliminated or running away.  Apparently the second wave of bandits fared no better.


Saturday 11th May 2019 - Gt.Houghton

5 games of DBA v3 with luck being (mainly) on my side.  Generally my movement dice were poor - a series of 2s - but the troops had good fighting spirit. 

Game 1: Lists 2.5l Black Sea Greeks v 2.5g Italiot Greeks - a 4:5 win
Game 2: Lists 2.44 Commagene v Marian Roman - two very skillful 6:1 sealed victory
               of 1:4
Game 3: Lists 1.6a Early Bedouin v 1.2b Early Egyptian - Ian had the only mounted unit
               on the board (1 x chariot general) - another 1:4 win
Game 4: List 2.19a Early Seleucid v 2.16b Demetrios - my scythed chariot got blasted
               away by artillery early on in the game - a 4:2 loss
Game 5: Lists 2.5e Aitolian Greek v 2.5c Theban Greek - another 1:4 win.  This was Ian's
               attempt to use a  psiloi heavy army.  It was harder to beat than might be
               expected (and we forgot about Ps overlaps).

Thanks to Ian for use of his 25mm figures but it really wasn't his day.


Monday 6th May 2019 - WDW

'To The Strongest' - Carthaginians v Polybian Romans
CoC - Germans v British in Crete
DBM - Chi'ang & Ti v Han Chinese - a long game until the Han centre cracked.


Footnote

I now have far too many naked or half-painted figures lying around my modelling table.  I should rationalise what I have and not expand into new periods.  Then again I am a wargamer.


No comments:

Post a Comment