Sunday 18 March 2018

Some Painting At Last

As the snow was pelting down yesterday I managed to finish off four bases of Aztecs:

There is a motley crew of figures on my paint table at the moment including more Meso-Americans (mainly Incas), WWg(X), Welsh cavalry, early Carthaginian chariots, Chinese chariots and some Vikings.  Maybe I will finish them off at some date in the future!!!

Anyway...whilst searching for more information on Napoleon's Egyptian Campaign I came across another blogger:

History in 1/72

http://historyin172.blogspot.co.uk

85eme Demi-Brigade de Ligne
Delhi light horse
Delhis
Dromedar Corps Egypt 1799
Dromedaries (painted)
French foot
French grenadiers
Napoleon in Egypt
Napoleonic Turkish army
Nizam I Cedid
Ottoman army of the Napoleonic period
Ottoman army, more info
Turkish Napoleonic army

Now I'm researching the Incas, trying to find out how to best use the figures I have.  Cannot find anyone who manufactures a litter in 20mm (or suitable carrying figures for conversion/scratch building).


Weekly Roundup

Monday 12th March 2018 - WDW

French v Prussians - Age of Eagles - practice for Saturday's big game.
Germans v Americans - WW2 - Andrew's rules
DBM - Philistines v Medes - victory to the Medes after a bit of a struggle - nice to be on the winning side for a change.
DBMM - Alexander Imperial v Later Carthaginians - competition practice


Saturday 17th March 2018 - WDW

Eylau 1807 - French v Russians & Prussians - Age of Eagles - the big game run by Chris
"History of the World" - boardgame - a three hander where I came last (by a big margin)
"Braggart" - card game - great fun - my first game and I came last....but there was only 6 points between all of us.


Looks like Sunday is going to become my blogging day for the forseable future - too much is going on on Thursdays at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment