(now who didn't think of the Village People?)
Just been west in fact - well as far as Halifax anyway. My haul from the model shop consisted of:
Caesar - Fantasy 102 - Elves
HaT - 8289 - Bengal Lancers
RedBox - 72067 - 17C Turkish Artillery
Imex - 535 - American Infantry
Strelets - 111 - Turkish Artillery
You can find pictures of all of these on PSR.
(1) Elves - look in the 'Features' section of PSR for Fantasy figures. Having come across this page:
I was determined to find a few boxes of these warriors.
(2) Bengal Lancers - my first box has ended up being painted for the Tai Pin rebellion - these will be fighting the, later, Boxers.
(3) 17C Turkish Artillery - an alternative element for my Ottoman DBA-RRR army. The other gun will probably end up in the hands of the Transylvanians.
(4) American infantry for the Mexican-American war. The floppy hats are peculiar to this period so I bought a box. I passed on the Mexican infantry as I can easily convert some of my hillock of Napoleonics. Incidentally the Mexican cavalry make good AWI horse.
(5) Turkish artillery for the Russian Turkish War of 1877. Re-painting these will add to my colonial Egyptian army. Unfortunately there were no Turkish cavalry available - which is what I really wanted.
Altogether not a bad haul - when I will get around to painting them is another matter though!