Tuesday 26 March 2013

Puzzle of Kn(X)

The Puzzle of Kn(X)

On Monday our Late Judaeans faced a Late Roman army who had  two blocks of Kn(X).

On our left flank one group moved very slowly towards some of our  Irr Bw(I).  Shooting was sufficient to break them up a bit but that was all.  They never got into contact.

The other mob (on our right flank) did virtually nothing.

Now don't get me wrong we went down to a 7:3 defeat with our left flank being obliterated - but it had nothing to do with the Kn(X).  Our demise came from Ax(S) v Ax(O) and Lh(S) v LH(O) match-ups - plus some truly awful dice rolling!

I just wonder - how do you use Kn(X)?  They are horrendously expensive (11/13 ap), move at a snail's pace and are only of use versus enemy foot.

I have employed them in my Chinese Northern & Southern Dynasties army but they hardly ever get into contact.  When they do the enemy has manoeuvred Kn(F) against you (who are faster moving and count you as inferior).

There was a time when I quite fancied raising a Parthian force but I'm glad I held off.  After all who wants an army of lame ducks?  






No comments:

Post a Comment