Tuesday 8 January 2013

Washing the Spears

Washing the Spears






I have played a number of solo games with these rules and liked them .  However ....being a typical wargamer I feel the need to tinker.

The number of optional rules (towards the back) require you to build all sorts of unique units that do almost nothing.  Being stingy by nature I thought that there must be another (better?) way.  So here's my first attempts at 'chance' cards:






















I throw 1d6 at the start of each turn and draw a card if a 5 or 6 is thrown.  The card is passed to the appropriate side (red dot for Imperials, black for Zulus) or is diced for with 1d6 (1-3 to Imperials, 4-6 to Zulus).  A player may use the card during his/her turn.  No player can hold more than 5 cards in his/her hand.

So far this approach has added a little 'spice' without skewing the game.  After a few more trials I will, no doubt, create proper cards.   If any of my readers have any suggestions then please drop me a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment